Friday, October 31, 2008

American Value and Assumption

Summary

In the article named American Value and Assumption, Gary Althen pointed out that individualistic Americans naturally saw themselves as being in competition with other. He gave several factors to support his argument.
Most Americans pay their attention to the athlete events and star athlete. In the school, the teenagers desired to win in the games or sports. In sum, American like competition and try to maintain their superiority from others.


Personal Response

I agree with the writer in the point that Americans like competition.It is obvious that Americans have the ardor of sports. Every weekend, when you turn on the TV, there are so many sport report or the sport lives. In American bar, people crowded together to talk with each other, at the same time, watch the athletes on the TV on the wall. The TV in most of American restaurants usually plays the sport all the time.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Hey...Lucy
I also think that Americans people are very individual. They have to responsible for themselves since they were young. It is a good summary: short and Understanding.
Nice job!

Temmi said...

Lucy, I agreee with your point that you think the most American people like competition. I also have seen so many people are going to either restaurant or bar to watch the sprots game together, and people like to go to sports game with their families or friends. I think this could be effective sometimes becasue they can learn how to win and also how to accept and give a clap to other team.

Super Alex said...

well, I like sport such as soccer and basketball. When I was a child, I used to dream about my future in which I would be a famous soccer player. However,I don't like american football. i think it's so rude and skills eficiency.

MaestroAngelo said...

Hey Lucy~ It's sounds cool~ I agree with u. I like that word, as "responsibility" LOL
Good job~